Skip to main content

Announcement Time!

Announcement time!

I wanted to do my usual "here's what's up next" video, but they are pressure washing the building across from me, so it's noisy and I don't want to sit on this much longer.

The next stop on our research journey is......Bachelor's Grove Cemetery - which may be considered America's most haunted cemetery - in Midlothian, Illinois! I usually stay away from the really popular legends, but I don't know much of anything about this one. If you have any personal experiences and would like me to include them, please send them to me! You know the Lily will never try to debunk your personal experiences because I know you would never lie to me. Big shoutout to my buddy Kurt for this suggestion!

After we leave Illinois, it's time to move on to Michigan! Sault Ste. Marie is a border town on the water and is rich in ghosty lore (in fact, I have a piece of #PocketLore dropping Friday about it). I'm not sure how many stories we will hit during our stay, but the ones I have heard and read remind me a lot of my hometown, so even if I only hit one or two to start, I am sure we will visit it often. And again, if you have personal experiences in this city (or her Canadian sister, as I don't mind crossing the border on this one since they are named the same), please send them my way. Another big shoutout to another one of my spooky buds, Jake, for sending me so much spooky lore on an otherwise quaint town!

Next on our lore loop, we head home to North Carolina, and the piece I have been sitting on since like September... the Devil's Tramping Ground. This one is Gray Man of Pawleys Island level of personal but instead of loving vibes, I get real "Lost" Colony annoyance vibes. This was an easy solve BUT I want to revisit, check my science, and maybe get someone with a bigger brain than mine to lend their knowledge on my debunk. (Seriously, if you know soils, chemistry, magnetic things, or are sciency enough that if I say explain it to me like I am 5, you can, and want to help a girl out, I will not only be grateful, I will tag you and your big brain in everything, even if all you do is tell me I did science wrong. Just use my submission form and put something like "For Science!" in the story field.)


And now for the REALLY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

(I'm scared to put this into words, but I'm doing it...)

I'm working on my first all-inclusive research project and it's going to be like a book or e-zine or something. (Yes, I am trying to downplay this a bit, I'm nervous!) I am looking into Fort Fisher, NC, right here in my own backyard. It's a battle site from the Civil War days, but so much more than that. There is your standard haunting stuff (phantom sounds, lights, shadows) from the war, but also multiple possible ghosts from generals to spies and even a hermit who passed away under less-than-normal circumstances in the 1970s. To top it off, ghostly evidence has been captured around the clock, like in the daytime, during non-nope hours. So guess who is going to be doing a little fieldwork as well? That's right, this one I'm not only diving deep into the books, but I am going to see if I can capture anything myself. (I might even pull out old little Lily photos to look at with fresh eyes as I grew up visiting the fort on school trips and it's my place away from the world when I need quiet.)

This might seem like the biggest announcement for you the reader as it might be a good bit before it's finished, but here's where it gets good for you - I want your help. I can't catch everything, ghosts aren't Pokemon and have you seen how thick my glasses are? I'm blind AF. I am going to share my raw evidence with y'all in hopes you help me catch what I may have missed. I'm also going to share my much more in-depth research, including my actual raw notes, thoughts, off-the-cuff remarks, all the videos along the way, and who knows what else with you. But it comes at a price. Literally. As this is going to be a BIG project, anyone who wants to be part of the action can be! I am currently looking at a couple of membership platforms because I would like to pick a decent one right from the start. Anyone who joins will not only have full access to EVERYTHING regarding this project but you will, of course, get the end product as well. (If you just want the written when it's finished, I do plan on selling it as a standalone product, so no worries there.)

If you are interested in joining me along the way, do me a solid and let me know by joining my waitlist.


Annnnddddddd that's it for today!


Until next time, lore lovers, stay spooky💖

~Lily


Submit your Stories and Suggestions

Shop Lily’s Library

Subscribe for Post Updates

Support the Blog

Follow Lily's Lore & Legends on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Instagram


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of Zombie Road

The Legend of Zombie Road Ghost Children, Indigenous American Burial Grounds, Train Accidents, Serial Killers, and a Screaming Old Ghost Lady? Sign me up! Location: Wildwood, St. Louis County, Missouri With reports of ghost children, orbs, serial killers, Indigenous American ghosts, zombies (?!?!), and more, Zombie Road AKA Rock Hollow Trail, located in Wildwood, MO (in St. Louis County), is considered one of the most haunted roads in America...but is it? The Lore Reports of paranormal activity on Zombie Road vary from experience to experience. Some people hear footsteps following them, there are reports of rocks being thrown, orbs caught on camera and seen firsthand by people, shadow people, and so much more. And because of all these reports, it’s easy to see why people consider it one of the most haunted roads in the United States. As there are a lot of reports and origin stories dating back to the 1800s, not to mention the location has a dozen names or so, I will try my best to orga

The Legend of the Gray Man of Pawleys Island

The Legend of the Gray Man of Pawleys Island Location: Pawleys Island, South Carolina, 29585 I just want to say right fast thank you so much for understanding how long this has taken me. If you follow my personal Twitter, you know the last few months have been rough on me for numerous reasons, but all y'all's love and support have meant everything to the Lily 💖 The Lore On a stretch of South Carolina coastline not far from Myrtle Beach sits Pawleys Island, an island home to a very unique legend - the legend of the Gray Man. The Gray Man is a ghost that reportedly only comes to visit before a large hurricane hits the area and if you are lucky enough to see him, your home will be safe from the storm. Since 1822, there have been at least 7 reported sightings of the Gray Man of Pawleys Island. Want to see the research process and listen to my rambles? Click here! Origin Stories and Secret Identities In a world fueled by superhero comics and movies, every great hero needs an origin

The Lore of Bachelor's Grove Cemetery - The Hook and the Caretaker

  The Lore of Bachelor's Grove Cemetery - The Hook and the Caretaker The Hookman urban legend is one we all know but did this legend start at Bachelor's Grove Cemetery? The lore of the Caretaker has ties to the Disappearing House, doppelgangers, and a theory that Lily wants to explore more... Watch the wrap-up video here. The Hook The Lore Back in October 2022, I shared the legend of the Hookman as part of my American Urban Legends: Killer on the Loose and said that multiple states claim to be home to the origin story location. Bachelor's Grove Cemetery happens to be one of those locations. According to my new favorite unknown writer, compiler, and general spooky story-teller, Pete Crapia, a researcher by the name of Richard Crowe helped introduce people to the legend of the Hook in the 1970s during radio broadcasts and later in 1985 as part of his The Ghosts of Chicago documentary. Now as this is one of my favorite urban legends, I would love to assume y'all all know