Skip to main content

Welcome to Lily's Lore and Legends!

Welcome to Lily's Lore and Legends!

Elizabeth AKA Lily Lore
Hello friends and fellow lore lovers! This is Lily's Lore and Legends, a blog focusing on all the myths, ghosts, cryptids, and strange things that have taken place in and around North Carolina and the United States.

I'm Lily and ever since I was little, I've never been able to get enough of the unexplainable and the spooky. As a kid, I memorized almost every ghost story within a 20-mile radius of my hometown of Wilmington, NC and it wasn't uncommon for my weekly library books to contain at least one ghost story. As I got older, I started a personal collection of books focusing not just on ghosts but vampires, ghouls, dark legends, and more. And let's not mention the sheer number of horror and mystery shows and movies I've consumed over the years because it's a lot. Like a lot a lot, as horror is my number 1 to-go genre.

Follow along as I share tales, locations, history, and more for as many ghosts, demonic creatures, strange lights, monsters, and everything else that goes bump in the night as I possibly can. I'll even throw in a fun, non-spooky story every now and then as not legends are creepy. I'm also always taking story requests and personal experiences, so be sure to send me yours!

Until next time lore lovers, stay spooky💖

~Lily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of Zombie Road

The Legend of Zombie Road Ghost Children, Indigenous American Burial Grounds, Train Accidents, Serial Killers, and a Screaming Old Ghost Lady? Sign me up! Location: Wildwood, St. Louis County, Missouri With reports of ghost children, orbs, serial killers, Indigenous American ghosts, zombies (?!?!), and more, Zombie Road AKA Rock Hollow Trail, located in Wildwood, MO (in St. Louis County), is considered one of the most haunted roads in America...but is it? The Lore Reports of paranormal activity on Zombie Road vary from experience to experience. Some people hear footsteps following them, there are reports of rocks being thrown, orbs caught on camera and seen firsthand by people, shadow people, and so much more. And because of all these reports, it’s easy to see why people consider it one of the most haunted roads in the United States. As there are a lot of reports and origin stories dating back to the 1800s, not to mention the location has a dozen names or so, I will try my best to orga

The Legend of the Gray Man of Pawleys Island

The Legend of the Gray Man of Pawleys Island Location: Pawleys Island, South Carolina, 29585 I just want to say right fast thank you so much for understanding how long this has taken me. If you follow my personal Twitter, you know the last few months have been rough on me for numerous reasons, but all y'all's love and support have meant everything to the Lily 💖 The Lore On a stretch of South Carolina coastline not far from Myrtle Beach sits Pawleys Island, an island home to a very unique legend - the legend of the Gray Man. The Gray Man is a ghost that reportedly only comes to visit before a large hurricane hits the area and if you are lucky enough to see him, your home will be safe from the storm. Since 1822, there have been at least 7 reported sightings of the Gray Man of Pawleys Island. Want to see the research process and listen to my rambles? Click here! Origin Stories and Secret Identities In a world fueled by superhero comics and movies, every great hero needs an origin

The Lore of Bachelor's Grove Cemetery - The Hook and the Caretaker

  The Lore of Bachelor's Grove Cemetery - The Hook and the Caretaker The Hookman urban legend is one we all know but did this legend start at Bachelor's Grove Cemetery? The lore of the Caretaker has ties to the Disappearing House, doppelgangers, and a theory that Lily wants to explore more... Watch the wrap-up video here. The Hook The Lore Back in October 2022, I shared the legend of the Hookman as part of my American Urban Legends: Killer on the Loose and said that multiple states claim to be home to the origin story location. Bachelor's Grove Cemetery happens to be one of those locations. According to my new favorite unknown writer, compiler, and general spooky story-teller, Pete Crapia, a researcher by the name of Richard Crowe helped introduce people to the legend of the Hook in the 1970s during radio broadcasts and later in 1985 as part of his The Ghosts of Chicago documentary. Now as this is one of my favorite urban legends, I would love to assume y'all all know